Halloween is coming up and lets face it, if your not a 20 something youre probably going to be at home keeping a beer company occasionally answering the door and handing out something mundane. We put a lot of time into hollidays like christmas and thanksgiving, I ve compiled some interesting recipe and treat ideas for halloween. Roll with it, it can be good if you let it.
My absolute favorite is carmel apples, you can decorate them anyway you want. I like to load mine up with melted white cholocate and crumble oreo cookies over it lastetly adorn with a tasty gummy worm. Heaven, is an apple, on halloween.
Secondly halloween is a time for sinful indulgences and for me, cakeballs, seriously, what a F#$%^*% brilliant idea was the cakeball. I could kiss the creator if only I knew. Combining a few things I love intensely. Cake, and balls.
A cake ball has to be done right though, its mostly about texture I like to coat mine in 2 different types of chocolate, you have to wait for the first layer to harden completely or you will have condensation buildup underneath and your top layer will fall apart. Below is a recipe (stolen from the internet) but I use it all the time, and I love it.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.